March 26, 2009

My first post

Okay,
So I'm going to try my hand at putting together a blog... Really, I'm using this as a way for friends and family to know what is going on in my corner of the world and with so much going on right now, this saves me from being "stuck" on the computer all day repeating all the same information. I'm posting my first 3 emails that I sent out as a spring board for this blog... the real reason I'm even blogging! I feel pretty intimidated even making a blog after months of being a fan of some other bloggers who write so beautifully and heart felt. I hope I do this blogging world justice!

Well, here is a copy of my email #1:

Hello wonderful church family, I am writing with a sad heart. As some of you may know, over the last several months Pastor Ted has had a concerning pain in his chest, right arm and neck. He went to the doctors last week and ran some tests and then was sent out for a CAT scan on Monday. Our doctor called this week with a serious diagnosis that Ted has Lymphoma Cancer. Ted is scheduled for a biopsy on Monday so they can pinpoint the exact type of Lymphoma it will also determine the treatment and extent of the cancer. The treatment will include chemo and radiation. Please, please be in prayer for Ted and our family as we are still trying to process what all of this means. We will let you know anything as it comes up so you will know how to pray specifically. I can tell you this… this is an opportunity for God to show himself BIG in our life and in the kingdom of God. This in no way changes the call of God on our lives or the mission God has put before us as a church body. We are holding on to hope in Christ and though we will go through some hard times ahead – our faith and trust in the goodness of Christ will not be shaken.
Please be in prayer with us and let YOUR faith and love for Christ grow stronger. And I challenge and encourage you to NOT take your walk with God lightly… SHOW UP for church on Sunday mornings, GET INVOLVED in a Life team – a LIFE support group, READ your Bible daily, PRAY and talk with God throughout your days. Don’t be a half-hearted Christian, give God ALL of YOU.
Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
Hebrews 6:10-12 10God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. 11We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure. 12We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

Trusting in Christ and so thankful for each of you,
Nikol

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nikol,
    I linked over here from Angela's blog. Please know I will be praying for y'all. I was recently diagnosed with liver disease and have started a blog too. I have felt the same sentiments you've expressed in this post. In fact, one of the first things I told our Connection Group was not to wait until something happens to begin their walk with the Lord. Get to know Him now! I have found him to be faithful every step of the way in my journey.
    Gentle hugs,
    JJ
    lightenoughtosee@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete