March 26, 2009

Original Email #3

Here's the final email... I really hope to be more consistent in updating everyone on what is happening over here in our family.

Thank your for praying for us and loving on us - I'm eternally grateful.
~Nikol

Email #3
Yesterday went really well. We got to the Cancer Center at 11:00 and got home around 4:30. It was a long day and they had to inject Ted with 4 different types of chemo (apparently this is standard procedure...) and of course, each one has it's own paperwork to read and sign off on :) Ted felt sick the rest of the night, but thankfully he was able to eat a decent size meal and keep it down. I'm not sure if he was feeling sick from nerves or if it was already the meds in his body? Today we go to the hospital for his routine follow-up blood booster shot. The nurse describes the pain as anything from an ache in his bones to intense pain shooting in his bones (thigh, hips, sternum, back , shoulders) and lasting about 24 hours. I know this made Ted feel a little uneasy. All these unknowns and "possible" side effects are a bit intimidating and nerve racking until he goes through it himself to see how his own body will respond and then he can really be prepared for the following appointments. The GREAT news is that they were able to fully identify the cancer as Hodgkins, stage 2B! Also, Hodgkins has 4 sub-categories of strands and Ted has the most common of those, so it has the best treatment all around! Praise the Lord! This is really wonderful news.

Thank you so much for checking on us and praying! My stomach was a ball of nerves yesterday during the treatment, and still is today. I did not expect to feel this way! I guess I've been waiting for this day since we first heard the news that Ted has cancer, and wondering how his body will respond so I can know how our new life will be for the next 7 months or so. I'm praying that I've anticipated and prepared enough for the adjustments that will inevitably take place over the next 7-8 months. I feel like I have a test coming up and I haven't studied enough!

My precious girls have been so amazing and patient and helpful, while we put our lives on hold for the last 2 1/2 weeks. Hopefully, I will be able to get some routine back into their lives. Noel understands the seriousness of this a little more than Summer and has had a few nights of feeling scared. Ted and I have tried to prepare them for what to expect in the upcoming months - and we are believing God to take care of their hearts and minds as they see changes in their daddy's body.

No comments:

Post a Comment